Black Swan Silicone Sealant is a paste-like, one component material that cures to a tough, rubbery solid upon exposure to moisture in the air. Because it does not flow due to its own weight, this sealant can be applied overhead or on sidewall joints and surfaces without sagging, slumping or running off. It adheres to clean metal, glass, most types of wood, silicone resin, vulcanized silicone rubber, ceramic, natural and synthetic fiber, painted surfaces and many plastics.
Silicone Sealant is resistant to moisture, aging, shrinkage, cracking and discoloring. It does not contain a solvent. Packaged in squeeze tubes and cartridges in colors of white and clear.
- Caulking and sealing around bathtubs, shower stalls, bathroom vanities and kitchen counters and sinks.
- Sealing around exterior windows and doors to seal drafts and waterproof.
- Replacing ceramic tiles and making new gaskets for dishwasher doors, skid and mark proofing vases, ashtrays and picture frames.
- Repairing or installing body side molding, repairing or making gaskets for automotive and boat windows and doors, and installing through hull fittings in boats above the waterline.
- For making gaskets to replace costly paper gaskets for timing chain valve covers and for water pump or thermostat housings..any application that requires a permanently flexible waterproof seal that will withstand moisture, heat and vibration.
- Silicone Sealant is not recommended for porous substrates such as concrete, stone or marble.
- Do not use Silicone Sealant on bituminous substrates based on natural rubber, chloroprene or EPDM or on building materials which might bleed oils, plasticizer or solvents.
- Because acetic acid is released during curing, it can corrode mirror silver and sensitive metals such as copper, brass and lead. Silicone Sealant is not suitable for food contact application.
- This product is neither tested nor represented as suitable for food, medical or pharmaceutical uses.
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from grease, dust and frost. Non-porous surfaces: aluminum, glass, etc., should be cleaned with a suitable solvent for the substrate. Adhesion to plastic and metal surfaces can be improved by using a primer.
- Cut nozzle or tip.
- Apply at surface pushing sealant ahead of nozzle or tip. Assure contact with both sides of joint.
- Complete any additional tooling and remove excess sealant with wet stick or knife immediately. Clean excess caulk off surface immediately with clean rag.
- Sealant cures dry to touch in 30 minutes and fully cures in 24 hours. Remove excess sealant with a razor blade (single edge) or knife.
WARNING! Direct contact of uncured sealant can irritate eyes and may irritate skin. Overexposure to vapor may irritate eyes, nose and throat.
|Application Temperature (° C)||+5 TO +40|
|Specific Gravity (G/ML)||1.02|
|Extrussion Rate (G/MIN)||510|
|Skin-Over Time (23C, 50% R.H.)||11 MINUTES|
|Tack-Free Time (23C, 50% R.H.)||20 MINUTES|
|Cure Rate (23C, 50% R.H.)|
|1 Day||1.5 MM|
|3 Day||4.0 MM|
The following results were obtained from a 2 mm thick film of fully cured silicone sealant:
|E-MODULUS 100%||0.56 MPa|
|TENSILE STRENGHT||190 MPa|
|ELONGATION AT BREAK||500%|
|HARDNESS (SHORE A)||24|
UPC Number and Carton Information
|Stock No.||Size||UPC Number||Carton Cubic Feet`|
|01095**||3 fl. oz. / White Tube||0 54647 01095 3||.253|
|01100**||3 fl. oz. / Clear Tube||0 54647 01100 4||.253|
|01105||10.3 fl. oz. / White Cart||0 54647 01105 9||.542|
|01110||10.3 fl. oz. / Clear Cart||0 54647 01110 3||.542|