Stik-It Epoxy Putty
Black Swan Stik-It Epoxy Putty is a kneadable fast curing epoxy putty that mixes in one minute to provide permanent repairs to many surfaces including metals, wood, glass, concrete ceramics and numerous plastics. One hour after mixing, Black Swan Stik-It Epoxy Putty can be drilled, sawed, sanded, filed, tapped, machined or painted. It comes in a handy "tootsie roll" form with the curing agent encapsulated in the contrasting color base material. Its remodeling clay-like consistency eliminated drips and runs, provides "no mess" application with no tools required for use. Stik-It Epoxy Putty is a general purpose epoxy putty.
After proper mixing, Black Swan Stik-It Epoxy Putty can be used for 1001 household and industrial purposes including repair and replacement of wall tile, floor tile, cove moldings; electrical use in place of tape, ceramic or plastic connectors, knobs or wire nuts; auto repairs including permanent bonding of trim, small dent repairs, fuel tanks, oil pan, small part repairs, filling rust holes, tread locking; seals leaks in gutters and downspouts; mend toys, appliances, lawn mowers, sports equipment, etc; repairs air conditioning coils, ducts; patching chipped concrete floors, bricks, blocks, attaching fixtures, machine tags, signs, anchoring bolts, screws, rods, machines, housings, etc.
Tan color after cure.
In order to achieve optimum adhesion, surfaces should be cleaned free of grease or dirt. Scuffing or sanding the surface prior to cleaning helps insure good bond. Degreasers such as 1, 1, 1 - trichloroethane, methylene chloride, etc., are effective and non-flammable.
- Twist or cut off required amount.
- To mix, knead with fingers to a uniform color. If mixing is difficult, warm Black Swan Stik-It Epoxy Putty to room temperature or slightly above.
- Apply to the surface to be repaired (within 2 minutes of mixing). The mixed epoxy does not exhibit high bond strength at this point, but appears to be merely lying on the surface.
- Force epoxy putty into any cracks or holes to be filled and strike off excess material, preferably with a tool wetted with clean water.
- For a smooth appearance of the cured compound, hand rub with water or a damp cloth prior to hardening.
- Remove excess material before hardening begins.
- After 5-10 minutes the epoxy will harden and start to form a tenacious bond.
- After 60 minutes, Black Swan Stik-It Epoxy Putty can be drilled, sawed, filed, tapped, machined or painted.
When mixing by hand, Black Swan Stik-It Epoxy Putty does not cause skin irritation to individuals with normal skin sensitivity. Individuals with extra-sensitive skin should maintain caution and wash hands thoroughly after mixing the compound, or wear thin plastic gloves. Stik-It Epoxy Putty has been proven to be non-toxic and non-skin irritating to experimental animals when tested in accordance with accepted test methods of Federal Hazardous Substances Labeling Act.
- Contains epoxy resins and amine which may cause irritation to sensitive skin. Wash hands with soap and water after use.
- Eye irritant. In case of eye contact, flush with water. Contact physician.
- May be harmful if swallowed.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
|Working Life:||4-7 Minutes|
|Shelf Stability:||12 Months Minimum @ 75° F|
|Shored Hardness (Shore D)(Full Cure, 24 Hours):||80|
|Lap Shear Tensile Strength On Steel (1" x 1" x 1/16" lbs.):||900|
|Temperature Limitations:||250° F Continuous, 300° F Intermittent|
|Chemical Resistance:||Resistant To Hydrocarbons, Ketones
|Electrical Resistance:||30,000 Megohms|
|Dielectric Strength:||300 Volts/Mil|
|Shrinkage:||Less Than 1%|
|Non-volatile l content:||100%|
|Compressive strength:||12,000 PSI|
UPC Number and Carton Information
|Stock No.||Size||UPC Number||Carton Cubic Feet`|
|01112*||2 oz.||0 54647 01112 7||.056|
|01115*||4 oz.||0 54647 01115 8||.134|
*Packed in display box