Lead Free Solder
Black Swan's Lead Free Wire Solder is a lead free wire solder that combines 97% tin and 3% copper. Melt point range 420° F to 460° F. High quality solder for plumbing and potable water lines. Meets ASTM B-32. Wire solder diameter is .125 inch.
Tin (CAS 7440-31-5), Zinc (CAS 1314-13-2), Antimony (CAS 7440-36-0), Copper (CAS 7440-50-8)
- Select proper copper tubing, proper thickness, proper connectors and proper heat source.
- Clean area to be soldered of any copper oxide using Black Swan's Sand Cloth, Screen Cloth or Fitting Brushes. Also, make sure there is no grease, dirt or oil on the area to be soldered.
- Apply appropriate flux to area to be soldered. .
- Heat area to be soldered. At some point touch wire solder to area to be soldered. When copper tubing and fittings are hot enough, wire solder will flow and make connection. You must apply wire solder around the entire area to be connected. Do not overheat copper tubing.
- Wipe excess liquid solder after connection is made using a clean, dry cotton rag. Spray a mist of water on area soldered to freeze the solder and prevent movement of the joint which could create a leak.
- Flush pipe system after connection is made to remove any excess solder, flux or dirt.
GHS LABEL INFORMATION
SIGNAL WORD: None.
HAZARDOUS STATEMENT: None.
Keep out of reach of children. Avoid breathing of dust/fumes/gas/mist/vapors/spray. Wash thoroughly after handling. Do not eat, drink, or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in well-ventilated area.
Eyes: Flush with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation persists, get medical attention.
Skin: Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash skin thoroughly with soap and water.
Inhalation: Move into fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen and call physician.
Ingestion: Get medical attention if large quantities of material have been ingested. (Unlikely)
Store in cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible materials. Keep away from heat, sparks, open flame and other sources of ignition. Incompatible Materials: Acids, bases and oxidizers.
DISPOSAL: Dispose of container in accordance with federal, state or local regulations.
UPC Number and Carton Information
|STOCK NO.||SIZE||UPC NUMBER||CARTON CUBIC FEET|
|03305||1/2 lb.||0 54647 03305 1||.0372|
|03310||1 lb.||0 54647 03310 5||.0372|