Anchoring & Patching Cement
Black Swan’s Anchoring & Patching Cement is a quick drying, high strength hydraulic cement used for anchoring and patching. Can be used in wet environments.
Anchoring & Patching Cement is ideal for stopping active leaks or flow of water through breaks in masonry surface under pressure (floors or wells); repairing dry holes and cracks in concrete, brick, stone, wood and all types of masonry surfaces; and to seal joints between pipes and masonry caulking around windows, etc.
Patching - General
- For best results, square cut the open crack or hole to a minimum depth and width of 3/4" then flush away all loose material.
- Anchoring & Patching Cement sets in approximately three (3) minutes in normal temperatures. Do not mix any more material than you can use in three (3) minutes. Warm water will make the material set faster and cold water will make the material set slower.
- Mix the material with clean water in a clean container. Add the powder to the water in a sufficient amount to make a heavy paste.
- Immediately press the material firmly into the crack or hole. If possible plug leaky cracks after the seepage has stopped.
- Repaired floors are ready for foot traffic in 30 minutes and heavier traffic in 1 hour.
Patching - How to Repair Active Leaks
- If the material must be applied while the water is running (because seepage never stops) mix the material as stiff as possible and force hold it against the active leak with hand or trowel until firmly set. This procedure may have to be repeated depending on the water pressure at the seepage point.
- Due to moisture and temperature changes, cracks and construction joints will move even after they have been filled with any plugging material. These changes that cause contraction and expansion may cause the cracks or joints to re-open. If this happens repeat step 1.
Directions - Anchoring
- Drill and clean out the hole to receive the bolt or other object to be anchored. Make the hole large enough for the anchoring cement to flow readily around the object when it is placed.
- Mix Anchoring & Patching Cement per general directions above. Place object to anchored in hole and pour cement around it.
- In about three (3) minutes the setting is firm. Within 30 minutes, light weight fixtures and equipment may be fastened in place. In one hour, even heavy machines can be bolted down firmly and can begin normal operation without danger that the anchor bolts will work loose.
WHERE TO USE
- To stop active leaks or flow of water through breaks in masonry surface under pressure (floors or walls).
- For repairing dry holes and cracks in concrete, brick, stone, wood and all types of masonry.
- For anchoring of bolts, machinery, fixtures, hooks to concrete and other masonry surfaces.
- To seal joints between pipes and masonry caulking around window, etc.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. If eaten or swallowed, serious personal injury could occur. Prolonged contact with skin may cause irritation. In case of eye contact, flood eyes repeatedly with water. Consult your physician under any of the above circumstances..
UPC Number and Carton Information
|STOCK NO.||SIZE||UPC NUMBER||CARTON CUBIC FEET|
|04165||3 lb.||0 54647 04165 0||.708|
|04167||10 lb.||0 54647 04167 4||.776|
|04168||20 lb.||0 54647 04168 1||.509|
|04170||50 lb.||0 54647 04170 4||1.375|