Black Swan's Freeze-Guard AG is a concentrated, non-toxic anti-freeze that prevents freezing of heating, cooling, and fresh water systems. Safe for use in systems with plastic and rubber components. Contains additives to prevent corrosion. For use in homes, apartments, boats, trailers and recreational vehicles. Provides freeze protection to -60°F and burst protection to -100°F.
Freeze-Guard AG is not intended for automotive cooling systems.
- Drain all water in system through faucets, petcocks and other openings.
- After being completely drained it is very helpful to clean the system out with water to remove dirt, scale, and other foreign matter. This cleaning process will help get better freeze protection and will improve the energy efficiency of the system. With older systems we recommend using Black Swan'sDagger, a proven effective remover of scale, lime and other foreign matter. Follow directions closely on the Dagger container.
- Close all outlets previously opened.
- Determine what freeze and burst protection is required. Consulting the manufacturer of the system is strongly recommended. If you determine that freeze protection of -10°F and burst protection to -50°F is adequate then you can use Freeze-Guard AG and dilute it by 50% (one part Freeze-Guard AG to one part water). If you would prefer different protections then use Table A to determine what concentration to use Freeze-Guard AG in.
- See Table B to determine how much Freeze-Guard AG (or diluted Freeze-Guard AG) to add to the system.
- Add Freeze-Guard AG to the system. There are number of ways to do this. One method is to remove the air vent at the highest point in the system and pour Freeze-Guard AG in at this point. Another method is to remove a fitting, valve, elbow, etc. in the boiler room above the boiler and pour Freeze-Guard AG directly into the boiler. Another possible method is to use a small pump to pump Freeze-Guard AG into the boiler through the boiler drain valve. Be sure to provide an air exit as the Freeze-Guard AG is introduced.
- Use Freeze-Guard Test Strips to test fluid after installation to make sure proper amount of Freeze-Guard AG is present.
- At least once a year use Freeze-Guard Test Strips to determine the freeze and corrosion protection of the system. If the corrosion protection is not adequate we recommend adding Freeze-Guard Inhibitor to the system. If the freeze and burst protection is not adequate either add more Freeze-Guard AG to the system or totally replace the Freeze-Guard AG in the system with a fresh solution.
TABLE A - PROTECTION BASED ON FREEZE-GUARD AG CONCENTRATION
|CONCENTRATION OF FREEZE-GUARD AG||PARTS OF FREEZE-GUARD AG||PARTS WATER||FREEZE PROTECTION||BURST PROTECTION|
|33 - 1/3%||1||2||+10°F||-18°F|
TABLE B - ADDITIONS TO SYSTEM BASED ON SIZE OF TUBING
Gallons of Pure or Diluted Freeze-Guard AG to Add to the System per 100" of Pipe
|DIAMETER OF PIPE|
UPC Number and Carton Information
|STOCK NO.||SIZE||UPC NUMBER||CARTON CUBIC FEET|
|06065||gal.||0 54647 06065 1||.776|
|06070||5 gal.||0 54647 06070 5||1.375|
|06075||55 gal.||0 54647 06075 0||10.720|