Freeze-Guard Test Strips
Black Swan's Freeze-Guard Test Strips are designed to test the freeze and corrosion protection of Freeze-Guard anti-freeze solutions. If the freeze protection or corrosion protection is not adequate, then either more Freeze-Guard should be added to the system or the entire system should be drained and a fresh Freeze-Guard solution added.
- Remove test strip from package.
- Dip strip into solution for one second, remove and shake off excess fluid.
- At 15 seconds after dipping strip, compare freeze point/boil point pad (pad at end of strip) to chart.
- At 30 seconds after dipping strip, compare coolant pH pad (pad closest to the handle) to chart.
- Based on the reading of the Freeze-Guard Test Strip, take appropriate action.
- To determine how many gallons of Freeze-Guard AG to add to the system for desired freeze protection, use the following formula:
(Gallon Capacity of System) (% Desired - % Current)
(100% - % Current)
- To improve the corrosion protection of the system, add one pint of Freeze-Guard Inhibitor. Later, after the system has circulated and thoroughly mixed the inhibitor, test again for the corrosion protection. If necessary repeat the process of adding Freeze-Guard Inhibitor.
UPC Number and Carton Information
|STOCK NO.||SIZE||UPC NUMBER||CARTON CUBIC FEET|
|06115||---||0 54647 06115 3||.02|