Black Swan's Freeze-Guard is a ready to use, non-toxic antifreeze that prevents freezing of heating, cooling, and fresh water systems. Safe for use in systems with plastic and rubber components. Contains additives to prevent corrosion. For use in homes, apartments, boats trailers and recreational vehicles. Provides freeze protection to 0°F and burst protection to -60°F.
Freeze-Guard is not intended for automotive cooling systems.
- Drain all water in system through faucets, petcocks and other openings.
- After being completely drained it is very helpful to clean the system out with water to remove dirt, scale, and other foreign matter. This cleaning process will help get better freeze protection and will improve the energy efficiency of the system. With older systems we recommend using Black Swan'sDagger, a proven effective remover of scale, lime and other foreign matter. Follow directions closely on the Dagger container.
- Close all outlets previously opened.
- See Table A to determine how much Freeze-Guard to add to the system.
- Use Freeze-Guard in undiluted form. We do not recommend diluting this product as it is a "ready to use" formulation. Yu will get freeze protection to -10°F and burst protection to -50°F. If, after consulting the manufacturer of the system, you determine that you need protection at lower temperatures, we recommend using Black Swan's Freeze-Guard AG.
- Add Freeze-Guard to the system. There are number of ways to do this. One method is to remove the air vent at the highest point in the system and pour Freeze-Guard in at this point. Another method is to remove a fitting, valve, elbow, etc. in the boiler room above the boiler and pour Freeze-Guard directly into the boiler. Another possible method is to use a small pump to pump Freeze-Guard into the boiler through the boiler drain valve. Be sure to provide an air exit as the Freeze-Guard is introduced.
- Use Freeze-Guard Test Strips to test fluid after installation to make sure proper amount of Freeze-Guard is present.
- At least once a year use Freeze-Guard Test Strips to determine the freeze and corrosion protection of the system. If the corrosion protection is not adequate we recommend adding Freeze-Guard Inhibitor to the system. If the freeze and burst protection is not adequate either add more Freeze-Guard to the system or totally replace the Freeze-Guard in the system with a fresh solution.
TABLE A - ADDITIONS TO SYSTEM BASED ON SIZE OF PIPING
Gallons of Freeze-Guard per 100' of pipe
DIAMETER OF PIPE
UPC Number and Carton Information
|STOCK NO.||SIZE||UPC NUMBER||CARTON CUBIC FEET|
|06050||gal.||0 54647 06050 7||.776|
|06055||5 gal.||0 54647 06055 2||1.375|
|06060||55 gal.||0 54647 06060 6||10.720|