Powdered Boiler Stop-Leak
Black Swan's Powdered Boiler Stop-Leak is a special blend of powders that will repair leaks in steam and hot water boilers. The repaired leaks will then resist high temperature, expansion, contraction and vibration and will give the boiler many more years of trouble free operating life.
HOW IT WORKS
Boilers sometimes have leaks. The reasons range from cracks, imperfect pipe threads, rust, defective castings, etc. When poured into a leaking boiler, Powdered Boiler Stop-Leak flows directly to the leak and the particles plug up the opening and stick to it. Over a period of time these particles will become very hard and form a permanent seal.
- Never pour Powdered Boiler Stop-Leak into a cold boiler; wait until the water is hot.
- Powdered Boiler Stop-Leak can be poured directly into the boiler. For best results mix Powdered Boiler Stop-Leak with hot water before injection into system.
- For severe leaks, fill large cracks with lead/steel wool or tin foil and seal outside with Black Swan Iron Paste. Allow sufficient time to dry. Then introduce Powdered Boiler Stop-Leak.
- Powdered Boiler Stop-Leak is not for use in domestic hot water storage tanks. Use it for heating systems only.
- Have boiler at working pressure.
- Allow the system to "let down" so that safety valve can be safely removed.
- Pour Powdered Boiler Stop-Leak into system.
- Replace safety valve and then bring the boiler to as high a pressure as safety limits permit.
- If a leak is severe, lower the boiler water level below the leak before adding Powdered Boiler Stop-Leak. Then refill the boiler and bring it to high pressure.
- Keep boiler at full fire for 24 - 48 hours to make for stronger seal.
RECOMMENDED QUANTITIES FOR STEAM BOILERS
POWDER BOILER STOP-LEAK
|Less than 300 sq. ft.||15 - 20||1 lb.|
|300 - 500 sq. ft.||20-30||1 - 1/2 lb.|
|500 - 700 sq. ft.||30-45||2 lb.|
|750 - 1000 sq. ft.||45-60||2 - 1/2 lb.|
|Over 1000 sq. ft.||more than 60||3 lb. per 60 gal.|
UPC Number and Carton Information
|STOCK NO.||SIZE||UPC NUMBER||CARTON CUBIC FEET|
|06005||1 lb.||0 54647 06005 7||.629|