Black Swan's Root Destroyer is a combination of chemicals, which will decompose root growths and dissolve grease, hair, vegetation and other organic matter that impeded normal flow of water in sewers. This product eliminates damage, backup odors and breakdown of pipes caused by root penetration and obstruction. EPA Registration No. 1278-8-41871. EPA Establishment No. 41871-IL-1.
HOW THE PROBLEM OCCURS
Roots of trees and shrubs need water to survive. If there is not enough moisture in the ground to satisfy these needs the roots will seek water from other sources like pipe, sanitary sewers and storm drains. Roots can be extremely powerful and can actually penetrate pipe and other structures to get the water.
RESULTS OF ROOTS IN PIPE AND DRAIN SYSTEMS
- The mechanical obstructions compromise the sanitary conditions of the home, office, hospital, school, etc.
- The decomposition or organic matter in the root masses release lethal and combustible noxious gases (sewer gas), and can also cause a back-up of sewage into the cellar. This is not only unpleasant, but also highly dangerous!
- A direct byproduct of obstructions due to roots is the deterioration of mortar pipe joints, manholes, pipes and substructures, treatment plant units and mechanisms.
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
SEWAGE TREATMENT FOR ROOT AND FUNGUS CONTROL: Root Destroyer is effective in keeping sewer lines free of roots.
FOR PARTIAL STOPPAGE: Add 1/2 lb. of Root Destroyer to sewer or drain and flush toward blockage with 5 gallons of water. Repeat at 6 month intervals to prevent growth of new roots.
FOR COMPLETE STOPPAGE: Physically remove the root blockage and repeat as above.
FOR HOUSEHOLD SEWERS: Use 2 to 6 lbs. Root Destroyer Copper Sulfate Crystal twice yearly in spring and early fall. Apply in toilet bowl near sewer line. Flush 1/2 lb. portions at a time. Do not use in septic tank systems.
FOR COMMERCIAL, INSTITUTIONAL AND MUNICIPAL USE:
SEWERS: Use 2 lbs. Root Destroyer each 6 to 12 months, applied to each junction or terminal manhole.
STORM DRAINS: Use 2 lbs. of Root Destroyer per drain per year. Apply during period of light flow. In dry weather, induce a flow with hose. If storm drains become almost plugged, repeat treatment 3 or 4 times at two week intervals.
SEWER PUMPS AND FORCE MAINS: Place 2 lbs. or Root Destroyer in a cloth bag at the storage wall inlet. Repeat as needed.
*State laws prohibit the use of this product in sewage systems in Connecticut and in the following nine counties in California: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Solano and Sonoma.
Some important "Don'ts" About the Use of Copper Sulfate
- Root destroying products are specially made for fungi and roots. Do not use this type of product for clogs due to grease, faulty pipes, damaged joints or other mechanical causes. These problems will not be alleviated by use of root destroyer products.
- Do not waste the product by using it during periods of high flow which will dilute the product. It requires normal or slow periods for the chemicals to dissolve at a slower, more effective rate.
- When stoppage is complete, allow the product the specified amount of time to be effective. DO NOT EXPECT IMMEDIATE RESULTS.
- Do not put copper sulfate crystals in metal vessels or in fixture traps. Corrosion will occur which will eventually create holes in the traps.
- Use plenty of flushing water to ensure that copper sulfate crystals applied through the toilet bowl are carried out beyond the soil pipe. The effectiveness of copper sulfate is much greater in higher grades of iron pipe.
- Don't expect black magic results from copper sulfate treatment. Some time is required to kill the root cells following the treatment.
- Don't expect copper sulfate to relieve stoppage trouble due to defective pipes, damaged or improvised joints, or other mechanical causes. Obviously, for such cases, relaying is the only cure
Federal law prohibits the use of copper sulfate in streams, rivers and waterways that feed into those areas.
HOW ROOT DESTROYER WORKS
Root Destroyer releases a chemical that is absorbed by the living root. This active agent (copper sulfate) kills the root and causes rapid decomposition. Once the root is killed, it will never grow back into the sewer line.
Root Destroyer will not hurt trees, shrubs, or other vegetation. The effect of this product is confined to the root itself, not the main plant.
Causes severe eye and skin irritation. Harmful if swallowed or absorbed through the skin. Avoid breathing mist or dust and contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Causes substantial but temporary eye injury. May cause skin sensitization reactions in certain individuals. Protective clothing, including goggles should be worn.
This pesticide is toxic to fish and aquatic organisms. Do not apply directly to water except as specified on this label.
IF SWALLOWED: Drink promptly a large quantity of milk, egg white, gelatin solution, or if these are not available, large quantities of water. Avoid alcohol. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Measures against circulatory shock, respiratory depression and convulsions may be needed.
IF IN EYES: Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention.
IF ON SKIN: Remove contaminated clothes and shoe; immediately wash skin with soap and plenty of water and get medical attention.
UPC Number and Carton Information
|STOCK NO.||SIZE||UPC NUMBER||CARTON CUBIC FEET|
|09000||2 lb.||0 54647 09000 9||.1252|
|09002||5 lb.||0 54647 09002 3||.1252|
|09005||25 lb.||0 54647 09005 4||.1252|