Black Swan's Clear Cleaner is a clear, non-bodied, fast acting solvent used to clean plastic pipe and fittings prior to assembly. Clear Cleaner can be used with all types, schedules and classes of PVC, CPVC, ABS and Styrene pipe and fittings. A low VOC formulation.
Store below 110ºF (44ºC). Use only on PVC, CPVC, ABS and Styrene pipe and fittings. Use within 2 years of date stamped on bottom of can. Read Black Swan Product Bulletin and GHS.
1. Cut pipe square and deburr. Clean and dry joining surfaces.
2. Check dry fit. Fitting should go over end of pipe easily but become tight about 1/3 to 2/3 of the way on.
3. Use a suitable applicator at least ½ the size of the pipe diameter; for larger sizes use brush or roller. Do not use a rag as repeated contact with skin may cause irritation or blistering.
4. Apply cleaner to inside of fitting equal to socket depth; without delay, coat pipe and end up to socket depth until soft. Apply again to fitting socket. Avoid puddling.
5. On bell-end pipe, do not coat or allow cleaner to run beyond socket depth.
6. Immediately while surfaces are still wet, apply appropriate Black Swan cement following directions on cement can.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Do not take internally. Keep away from heat, spark, open flame, other sources of ignition. Vapors may ignite explosively. Use only in well ventilated area: if not well ventilated, use forced ventilation or NIOSH approved respirator. Avoid breathing vapors. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Use skin and eye protection. Eye contact may cause injury. Keep container closed.
If inhaled, move into fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen and call physician. In case of eye or skin contact, flush with water for 15 minutes. If irritation persists, get medical attention. If swallowed, give 2 glasses of water. DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING. Contact physician immediately.