Black Swan's Jumbo Flange & Gasket with Urethane is a gasket made of a tough, flexible and durable urethane foam. This urethane gasket is then impregnated with wax. The combination of urethane foam and the wax makes for a stronger, more resilient ring than regular rings and is guaranteed for 10 years. This wax ring is also a jumbo ring. It contains 40% more wax than regular rings. The gasket forms a water tight, gas tight and odor tight seal. Fits 3" and 4" waste lines. Meets Federal Specification TT-P-1536A.
This ring has a plastic flange which extends the discharge opening. This makes for a more positive seal and assures proper bowl alignment. For certain locations throughout the United States local codes require the plastic flange to fit 4" openings only. Black Swan does have this product available (Stock No. 4630).
- Be sure the wax ring is at room temperature (about 70° F). If wax ring is too cold a good seal may not be made or the toilet bowl could crack while making the installation.
- With the toilet bowl upside down on a protective pad or blanket, place the wax ring around the discharge opening. Press firmly to assure adhesion when the toilet is inverted.
- Using the Black Swan's Stainless or Stay Soft Putty, make a putty ring about 1 inch high around the outside rim of the toilet. This will make a seal between the toilet rim and the floor.
- Carefully set the toilet down on bolts and twist bowl slightly to spread wax and putty to make a tight seal. Tighten bolts carefully to prevent breaking the bowl.
Black Swan also sells Jumbo Flange & Gasket with Urethane with closet bolts included in the package. Since closet bolts are necessary to make the installation, this is a nice package to offer the end user.
1. Stock number 04515 is Jumbo Flange & Gasket with Urethane with two 1/4" X 2-1/4" brass bolts, two brass plated nuts, two brass plated washers, and two plastic stand-up washers.
2. Stock number 04516 is Jumbo Flange & Gasket with Urethane with two 1/4" X 2-1/4" brass bolts, four brass plated nuts and four brass plated washers.
3. Stock number 04520 is Jumbo Flange & Gasket with Urethane with two 1/4" X 2-1/4" brass plated bolts, two brass plated nuts, two brass plated washers and two plastic stand-up washers.
4. Stock number 04521 is Jumbo Flange & Gasket with Urethane with two 1/4" X 2-1/4" brass plated bolts, four brass plated nuts and four brass plated washers.
GHS LABEL INFORMATION
SIGNAL WORD: None
HAZARDOUS STATEMENT: None
Skin: First aid is not normally required. Wash affected area thoroughly with waterless cleaner and/or soap and water. If irritation persists, consult a physician.
Eyes: Firs aid is not normally required. Flush with large amounts of water for 15 minutes, holding eyelids open. Consult a physician if irritation persists.
Ingestion: First aid is not normally required. If swallowed, give two glasses of water to drink. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Do not induce vomiting. Consult a physician.
Store away from flame, heat (110° F maximum to keep wax rings from melting or deforming in shape) and strong oxidizing agents. Do not stack cases more than seven high on each pallet. .
Dispose of container in accordance with federal, state or local regulations.